Monday, June 25, 2007

Aquatic weekend wonders

I went to the beach this weekend to relax and spend some time with my man, and we had a great visit. We stayed in my family's place at Emerald Isle and did a little shopping (though not too much, I didn't want to bore him to death, and I try to be a good girlfriend), we lazed around and watched some movies and went for a walk, and we went to the Pine Knoll Shores Aquarium! It was amazing to see the difference in the place after a 5 million dollar renovation. I hadn't been to the aquarium since 2002 and they reopened in 2006 after their big makeover, and I was majorly impressed. They had over 40 new exhibits and so many more animals to look at.

I love aquariums. They are amazing places, they really are, and maybe one day I'll have something to do with the greatness of one of them. I've always thought working at an aquarium would be wonderful.

Somehow though, a movie named Closer has tied itself to the idea of aquariums in my mind. It's a very interesting movie, dark and sad, but perhaps I can write a better book named "The Aquarium" than the one that was mentioned in the movie. Who knows...now I'm just thinking of water, being immersed, floating, soaking, and indulging in my hydrophilic traits.

No comments: