Wednesday, July 18, 2007

What?!?

Ok, so yesterday I put a question out there...How do you balance your life and end up floating contentedly around for a period of time? The answer that I got from an anonymous person is that "[I] might try Zoloft." What? That's ridiculous! I don't need to be medicated! I just want a little peace from the different aspects of my life that are pulling me in opposite directions!

I got that peace last night, thank you, and not from some pharmaceutical company's excuse to make millions (I know that some people do need these sort of medications and that there's nothing wrong with that, but it's part of my current rant, sorry), but from walking across the street and going to my friendly neighborhood Whole Foods, where I walked around in the organic goodness and bought ingredients for delicious and wholesome meals. I was serenaded during my shopping by the mightiness of Nature's power in the form of a severe thunderstorm with torrential downpours and quarter sized hail. It was awesome, and then I used my environmentally conscious cloth bags to carry my groceries home in the newly refreshed outdoors. That was what I needed, some interaction with nature (meaning the storm), and a wholesome environment to further and support by my patronage (meaning Whole Foods). I came home feeling great and revitalized, and ended up cleaning my apartment to compliment my cleaned up attitude.

Now I respect people that work in the pharmaceutical business (Casey and Dennis ROCK!) but why be so quick to suggest medication to provide the wonderful zero gravity experience I was after? Hey, Anonymous, what's the deal? Sorry to attack you like this, but I'm just a little put out by the comment. Hey, I love the little Zoloft circle that is questing after happiness...

All alone...

realizes he's alone...

finds hope on the horizon

Zoloft!

happiness :)

normality...

...but that's not me. However, I hate to get all over you without even knowing who you are. Defend yourself with another comment if you feel like it, and I'll not judge you, as I've worked out my feeling affronted by your comment with this reaction.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I apologize if I offended you. You also misquoted me. I personally wouldn't take medication unless I absolutely had to. I suggested that perhaps you might. It's now obvious that you aren't interested. No harm, no foul.

I laughed out loud when you said today, though, that Whole Foods was 'nature'.

Really, I think you should read your blog from a third-person perspective. Tell us what you think you're putting out there.

Thanks for letting me comment!

Courtney :) said...

I didn't mean to misquote you, I put your comment in quotes but made myself saying it, as if I were doing exaggerated air quotes with my fingers. I really thought about changing it, and then I didn't. So I'll go back and edit that a little, like I thought about originally.

Hahaha, I wasn't calling Whole Foods 'nature' I was talking about the storm. This sentence "That was what I needed, some interaction with nature and a wholesome environment to further and support by my patronage," should perhaps have a comma after the word nature to separate the thoughts. I'll do that so as not to drag them together.

Thanks for reading and writing comments. And thank you for pointing out mistakes on my part!

Oh, and as far as what I think I'm putting out there, just anything that comes through my head and sticks long enough to make it to the blog. Nothing profound I'm afraid....