Thursday, July 5, 2007

Fourth of July frenzy...

I went shopping yesterday for shoes to go with my interview suit (my interview is tomorrow!) and of course no one else had anything better to do with a day off in the middle of the week than go shopping too. I did find some nice shoes, but because I had no one to tell me what might look best, I bought a few pairs and will get my mom and sister to tell me which one is best and return the others. The stores were packed, and good help was hard to find. I'm just glad I made it out of the mall alive. Kind of reminded me of Dawn of the Dead...

...not the eating people part of course, hahaha, but the milling around in crowds looking like they didn't know where they were going or why they were there. That clip shows the most people in the mall from the 1978 movie that I could find on YouTube, so that's why I snagged it. However, I've never seen the actual movie, original or remake, just a game based on the story line, Dead Rising, and this is a great little music video using images from the game, hehehe....

Anyway, after surviving my shopping experience, I went to my boyfriend's house, went out to dinner, and then we braved the crowds of people trying to find any place to park in a shopping center near Regency Park to watch the fireworks. We actually found a legitimate parking spot, with lines and everything, not just taking random space out of a lane or getting up on a grassy median (which we could have done in the jeep), and then we got to sit on a bench and watch the fireworks with lots of other people. When it was over we got caught in the exit frenzy, but we made it through in a reasonable amount of time.
July 4th - food, fireworks, and frenzied crowds. Yup, sounds about right.

No comments: