Monday, July 9, 2007

Missing the mountains...

I am missing the mountains. I want to live there. I want to buy a cute little mountain cabin or cottage, nothing big, just enough room to live in and not be too cramped, and a lovely view. I have always loved the mountains, and maybe someday I'll get a chance to wake up everyday with the sun bathing mountain peaks and forested valleys as the view from my kitchen window while I enjoy a cup of coffee.


My interview is over, it was in the mountains that I am longing to live among, and it went well. I think I did a very good job, and I looked very professional in my new suit, but the institution that I interviewed with apparently hires people in at the bottom of the pay scale range for a position. That is very tragic, as I currently make as much as the middle of their range for the position. I was hoping that they would hire in according to my qualifications and experience, and somewhere near the top of the range, but not the top, would be enough for it to be reasonable to take the job. However, I don't think an HR dept. that is used to hiring people in at the bottom will want to hire someone in somewhere near the top when they can find another person to work for less. I was really disappointed, but I'm sure there is a reason for it. There must be a better job, more suited just to me, even though it might not be in the mountains that I love and want to dwell in. Sigh.... I really wanted to live in the mountains.

No comments: