Thursday, August 16, 2007

Yesterday...

I had a job interview yesterday afternoon. I was really excited about it, because it was the second interview for a position I've applied for in the area. I am looking for a new job because I am trying to use my Master's degree and get on to my career path, that and because money makes the world go round, I need a raise. I applied for this position two weeks ago. They quickly called me and set up a phone interview that happened last week on Wednesday. On Thursday they called me and set up an in person interview that happened yesterday. I had thought that would be the deciding interview as I haven't been through an interview process with more than one interview, but at the end of this interview I was told that I had a panel interview to look forward to next. I love panel interviews so I'm excited about this next one, and I really want this job. It is exactly the kind of position that I need. They want someone who can come in and help them set up their records management/archival system, and with my background I am exactly the right candidate for this job. I have done tons of research to catch up on specific regulations that they have to adhere to, and I did some background research on competitive systems to help them create a stable infrastructure. I found out yesterday which system they decided to go with, and now am trying to familiarize myself as much as possible with the structure and functions of it so that I can ask specific questions and understand exactly what will be expected of me on a microlevel.

I can only hope that they appreciate my enthusiasm about this employment opportunity and recognize me as the perfect person for this job. If not for common courtesy, they could call and have me there tomorrow if they really wanted to, I am that interested and excited about the position. We'll see what happens though. Either way, I'm excited by the possibilities!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Courtney! I'll say a prayer that this works out for you-- sounds like the perfect position for you!