Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Mountain inspired project plans....

I went to the mountains again and stayed with my sister, sigh, it was wonderful to sleep with the windows open. We had a great time cruising around Blowing Rock and Boone, looking at all the fun little shops with everything imaginable and artsy. While in Blowing Rock we visited a yarn shop and picked up some great skeins of on sale yarn that I am going to whip up into three scarves. One is for my sister, one is for myself, and one is for my mom. I'm not sure when I will get these done (I still haven't finished my sleeveless summer sweater that I've been working on for months, bad me) but I can't imagine that finishing my sister's and mine will be much of a problem. After all, they are going to be very simple. The one I am going to knit for my mom is a different story. I am going to knit a zig-zaggy scarf! I found this awesome scarf book at the yarn shop that shows you how to knit a scarf that looks rather like a very long lightening bolt, and I think it's the greatest thing ever. Can't wait to see what it's going to look like :) I think my mom will enjoy it, especially made out of the awesome yarn I bought for it. I'll take pictures of the book and all the yarn and post that tomorrow I think, just so you can get an idea of what I'm yakking on about. Trust me, it's amazing stuff.

The other thing that happened while we were shopping round here and there was dreaming of buying this cute miniature house shop we ran across that is for sale. My sister and I discussed that if we bought this incredibly cheap shop that we could rent it out for a year while creating our own shop inventory until we could set up everything and sell our wares. I think we could come up with a ton of fun crafty things to sell. Covering the mortgage payment each month with sales should be easy as it's so inexpensive. I keep wondering if I should just do it, just buy the shop and work everything out along the way, hoping it's a good investment. I know I'd be happy to make things to sell and that I could trust my sister to run it for me. Right now it's just a great dream to develop in my head, we'll see how things pan out. Who knows, maybe she'll just bite the bullet and buy it and I can share it with her. It doesn't really matter what happens, it's fun to daydream about for the moment.

Sorry that I've been so lazy about keeping this up to date...I'm trying to do better. Expect pictures tomorrow and hopefully good news on Friday. Friday is a special day, I have a schedule and important people to meet. I just hope that the situation works out for me and that I have good news to report sometime soon as a result of Friday's adventure. More on that later....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My fingers are crossed for you for Friday!!!