Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Biltmore beauty

I have finally gotten around to uploading my pictures from the Biltmore Estate weekend my boyfriend planned for the two of us. I am going to tell an abridged story of the events through pictures.

First, we decided to check out the River Bend Farm before we went horse back riding on day 1. The farm was rather beautiful. The stable, blacksmith shop, and equipment were all housed together in a rustic tin roofed stucco building.

The tractors were majestic even in their retired states.

The resident 7th generation Norwegian blacksmith had a forge outfitted with original equipment.

It took him about 7 minutes to make a single nail, and I got to keep it!

The farm looked especially picturesque towards the end of day after it had rained.

Next we went horseback riding! I've never seen the Biltmore Estate from the back at a distance, and it was breath taking.


Jim didn't have that bad of a time on the ride, which was strictly an endeavor for my sake I think. He made a handsome Red Sox cowboy ;) (even when Poncho halted for a pit stop)

After the ride, and while it was raining, the winery was fun to tour, seeing the casks and wine tasting. However, the best part of the winery was our romantic stroll out to the car under the arbor in the chilly drizzle. The chilled air and cool rain made it movie moment like. I loved it :)

The next day, we actually walked to the house. We started with the vista, which offered a great view of the house.


A little ladybug thought so too.

First we walked down the expanse of the vista. Jim looks great with a Biltmore backdrop.


Then we explored the gardens.


The reflection pools were works of art.

Every detail was eye catching.

But the lion was no match for my man ;)



After the Biltmore Estate, our next adventure was the Blue Ridge Parkway. I had never been on it, and it was wonderful! We ended up going to the highest point east of the Mississippi River, Mount Mitchell. As a mountain man, I could just eat Jim up with a spoon, hahaha :)

I had never seen such a view. I won't forget it.


It was an absolutely wonderful trip.

No comments: