Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Being budget savvy...

Right now I'm trying to come up with a budget. I have never lived by a budget, only by how much I had left after all my bills were paid, which I have to say has been a very poor way of living, so after getting a new job, I want to be financially smart. Being financially smart means getting rid of my credit cards and being prepared for having to pay back my student loans starting in November. That new bill coming due is going to be a bit scary, so I have to learn to budget now, get into a groove with it, and be prepared for once!

In preparation for this, I am looking at my current expenses and trying to find ways to reduce them. The first step I've decided to take on that front is to look for roommates! I haven't lived with a roommate in a while, so the idea of moving in with someone or several someones I don't know is a little risky feeling, but meeting new people and making new friends is always a great thing. Right now I have a lead on a beautiful sounding home in Chapel Hill. This house comes with 3 other roommates and the chance to cut my rent expense in half. I hope they are just great, and that we can all be the best of friends. I'm meeting them on Friday and touring the house, wish me luck!

No comments: