Monday, April 14, 2008

My first 5k!

I am officially a runner! (Ok, so not a good one, but I ran as a competitive participant in a local race!) On Saturday (Apr. 12), I ran the Cary Road Race 5k at Regency Park in Cary, NC.





I not only finished, but I did not finish last! Of the 283 registered runners, I finished at 253. There were 122 women in all, and I finished as 113. Of the 19 women in my age group, I finished at 17. My time was 41:53, a 13:29 minute mile pace. Not great, but not bad for my first 5k :) I had set a goal for a 38 minute finish time, but of course did not accomplish that. However, now I have something to push myself towards in my next race.

A special thanks is due to Josh...I would have given up or finished absolutely in last place without him. Sorry I held you back, but thanks for sticking with me!

No comments: